With the full support of Terumo Medical Corporation (TMC), our Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team ensures our associates adhere to all regulations related to workplace safety, health, and the environment. This support is bolstered by TMC’s commitment to developing, implementing, institutionalizing, and continually improving its processes to fulfill all relevant health and safety, environmental, legal, regulatory, statutory, and compliance obligations.
In its relentless pursuit of excellence in improving environmental, occupational health and safety performance, the EHS team has set the following goals:
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions, preserving the occupational health of our associates.
- Promote a zero-incident and accident-free work place.
- Strive to protect the environment by:
- Preventing pollution.
- Promoting effective use of energy and resources.
- Managing chemical substances in a safe manner.
- Developing environmentally friendly products and associated production processes.
- Develop and implement processes to identify, assess, monitor, review, eliminate, and control EHS hazards and risks related to our business activities.
- Demonstrate visible leadership, consultation, and open communication at all levels of the organization to encourage associate participation.
- Comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations as well as TMC’s EHS Standards and other requirements to which the organization subscribes related to identified EHS aspects / hazards.
- Conduct audits and implement practices to ensure compliance with all legal, statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Improve the EHS management system on a continual basis by enabling Risk-Based Thinking and Systems Thinking.
To achieve these goals, EHS embraces an integrated environmental and occupational health and safety management program based on ISO 14001 and ISO 45001, which is communicated to all our associates, contractors, or any other persons who work on behalf of TMC.
Additionally, this program, which consists of directives, policies and procedures, is reviewed periodically to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to TMC, and serves as the basis to define our EHS objectives and goals. It is the responsibility of every associate to implement this program and bring to management’s notice any intentional or unintentional violation of this program.
TMC's commitment to Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is driven through its parent company, Terumo Corporation. Click here for more information on the goals and objectives for this commitment.